Imagine leading a life others only dream about. Take your lifetime of adventure to the next level as a Divemaster
As a PADI Divemaster you can:
- Lead certified divers
- Assist with scuba training courses
- Independently train and certify Skin Divers
- Conduct Discover Local Diving experience programs
- Conduct Discover Scuba Diving (after completing internship requirements)
- And much, much more.
During the Divemaster course you’ll develop your diving theory knowledge. Learn about Physics, Physiology, Equipment and Decompression Theory and how they apply to leading dives. You’ll also intern with several classes, exposing you to several levels of training.
To enroll in the Divemaster course:
- You must have 40 logged dives
- You must have Advanced and Rescue-level training
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have proof of recent CPR & First Aid training
What materials do you need for the Divemaster course?
- PADI Divemaster Manual
- PADI Instructor Manual
- Recreational Dive Planner(RDP): Table and eRDPML version
- Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving
- Divemaster slates
- Log Book
All of those are included in the Divemaster Crewpak.
What will you do during the Divemaster course?
- Complete knowledge development segments including Knowledge Reviews in the PADI Divemaster Manual or through the Divemaster Online, and pass the Divemaster Final Exam.
- Create an Emergency Assistance Plan for a designated dive site.
- Complete waterskills exercises.
- 800yd/m mask/snorkel fin swim
- 400yd/m swim
- 100yd/m inert diver tow
- 15 minute tread (last 2 minutes with hands out of the water)
- Complete a diver rescue assessment.
- Complete the dive skills workshop and assessment.
- Perfect your diving skills to demonstration quality to prepared you to divemaster for a class or to conduct a scuba review.
- Complete practical application skills.
- Dive Site setup and management
- Mapping project
- Dive briefing
- Search & Recovery Scenario (the Search and Recovery Specialty Certification can substitute)
- Deep Dive Scenario (the Deep Specialty certification can substitute)
- Complete divemaster-conducted programs workshops.
- Conduct Scuba Review in confined water
- Teach Skin Diver course
- Conduct Discover Scuba in confined water
- Lead a Discover Scuba Open Water dive
- Lead a Discover Local Diving Open Water Dive
- Complete practical assessments.
- Divemaster with Open Water Diver Students in Confined Water
- Divemaster with Open Water Diver Students in Open Water
- Work with continuing education Diver Students in Open Water
- Lead certified divers in Open Water
- Meet the professionalism criteria.
- Demonstrate your professionalism through active participation, mentoring, positive attitude and protecting the environment.
Questions about the Divemaster program? Contact me!